Many people think Website Design is about creating an attractive looking website. This may be true to an extent. However, effective Website Design is about creating a visually attractive site that is user friendly, search engine friendly, and designed to sell. There are a lot of factors that go into building a quality website that is pleasing to the eye, and designed to help you make money. But, what you don’t know about Website Design & development can possibly affect your ability to achieve your marketing objectives. So, before you start designing or even redesign your site, this article explores a few factors that will help you make an informed decision of choosing a quality Website Design Company Planet5 Advertising that can assist you with creating a beautiful profit producing website.
Is your Template Site Hurting Your Website Design?
Many people jump on the chance to setup a wordpress blog, or some variation of a do-it-yourself Website Design template type of site. While templates are easy and affordable, they may be doing more harm than good. Of course, the primary benefits of a template site are simplicity and affordability; however the disadvantages far outweigh the advantages of a template Website Design. Some disadvantages include but are not limited to:
- Generic- Once you find a template you like, you can guarantee that there are thousands of other people with the same exact template. Having the same exact template as everyone else is certainly not a good branding strategy. You want a Website Design that is unique and fits the culture and branding of your company. That’s why it’s imperative for you to have a custom Website Design that differentiates you from your competition.
- No Customization– With many people using their cell phones to perform a search online, it makes it difficult to make a customized site for mobile users. When you have a Planet5 advertising design your website, you can rest assured that they will be able to create two versions of your site; one for mobile users and one for PC and Mac users.
Is Your Website Design Mobile Friendly?
It’s no secret that the mobile marketing industry is growing at a rapid pace. According to Forrester Research, a world renowned research firm, The Mobile Advertising industry will sky rocket to a $2.5 billion dollar industry by the year 2014. But, more importantly, individuals are using their mobile phones to perform online searches.
In fact, more than 91 million consumers will use the internet through their mobile device at least monthly. But, what does this mobile marketing frenzy have to do with Website Design? Well, if consumers are looking for information on their mobile device, wouldn’t it be wise to create a Website Design that is mobile friendly? There’s some controversy in the web industry, stating mobile Website Design is not needed. But, with statistics like 20 % of search traffic will come from a mobile device by the year 2012, a mobile Web Design strategy should not be ignored. Of course, it depends on your type of business, and your objectives to decide if a mobile Web Design strategy is for you. However, the numbers keep increasing on how many people will be using their mobile device to access the internet. By implementing a mobile Website Design strategy while mobile marketing is still in its infancy, you can be way ahead of your competition. It doesn’t matter if your website is designed for the mobile market, or if it’s a custom Website Design, no matter which route you choose, it’s crucial to implement a Search Engine Optimization Strategy for your website.
Does Your Website Design Company Know Search Engine Optimization?
For years, design and development companies have been getting a bad reputation for being absolutely clueless about SEO. They’ve been ridiculed for making pretty and expensive sites that can’t be found in the search engines. And, that’s unfortunate, because not all Web Designing firms are alike. There are many Website Designing firms in UAE that are well-versed in SEO. But, what exactly is SEO?
Simply put, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of increasing visibility to a website. Many people think SEO is all about placing keywords in “special” locations on their websites. Well, placing keywords on your website is only one part of the puzzle, there’s more to SEO than what meets the eye. A good Web Design Company in Dubai will know basic to advanced fundamentals of creating a Search Engine friendly site. Some important aspects of SEO that should not be ignored included, but are not limited to:
- SEO Tags – When it comes to SEO Tags, there are certain tags that help the Search Engines identify what a site is about. These tags include title tags, H1 & H2, Tags, and Meta tags. All these tags are important because they help search engines identify what a web page is about. A good Web Design firm in UAE will understand the importance of these tags and implement an effective strategy to integrate SEO with the entire Web Design Process.
- Sitemap Creation- A good web design and development services uae will be able to create a sitemap that makes it easy for search engine spiders to crawl and index your website.
- Internal Linking- A big part of SEO is about building links, but it’s also about having a great internal linking structure to make the site easy to navigate. A great navigation strategy not only helps the Search Engines find valuable content on your web site, but it also helps your web visitors use your site with ease.
Of course, there are many more factors about SEO and Web Design that will be too much to mention here. However, one important element of SEO that is worth mentioning is copywriting.
Does Your Website Design and Development Company Dubai Know about Copywriting?
SEO plays a major role in creating an effective website design that sells. However, there are many different facets of SEO that help create an effective website. One of those facets is Copywriting. Copywriting is writing to sell a product or service. After all, a websites main purpose is to help you sell your goods and services.
It’s easy to get caught up in the aesthetics of a website. But, having a website without good copy is like having a store front without any inventory. Even though a Planet5 Advertising primary focus is to design a website, they should have a basic understanding of copywriting fundamentals. In fact, many Web Design firms partner with copywriters to help accentuate the entire Web Design process.
When it all comes down to it, you don’t need to know everything about Web Design, that’s what Web Designers are for. However, you need to know that an effective Web Design strategy should include certain elements that can help your website be a success. Some of the elements of an effective Web Design strategy include, but are not limited to:
- An Easy to Manage Web Site
- User Friendly
- Search Engine Friendly
- Designed to Increase Sales
- Customized Web Design to help with branding